Therapy comes in all shapes and sizes. From grief therapy for crisis situations to physical therapy to assist with damage to the body, therapy is a wonderful and impactful way of moving yourself or your loved one to a place of health and wholeness.
Did you know that there’s a type of therapy you can have right in the comfort of your own backyard? It’s called hydrotherapy—and it’s possible on-demand with a quality hot tub! But what is hydrotherapy and what benefits can it offer?
What is Hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy is the use of water (hydro) therapy to bring wellness to the human body. Instead of being a new therapy, hydrotherapy is an age-old, trusted-and-tried therapy. And unlike some other targeted therapies, hydrotherapy doesn’t just impact one part of the body. Hydrotherapy holistically works through warm water and hydromassage to bring relief, restoration, and rejuvenation to the entire human body. The results can be outstanding—with ease of use bringing therapy to your body anytime you need it. So what benefits are there to this incredible therapy?
Benefits of Hydrotherapy
There are excellent ways that hydrotherapy can help. With warm water therapy, including submersion up to the shoulders or neck, comes the increase in body temperature and blood flow. That increase in circulation, in turn, creates more oxygen delivery to the prefrontal cortex and other areas of the brain. Studies have shown these amazing results:
1) Improvement in cognitive function
2) Less mental health- and pain-management through prescriptions
3) Decreased inflammation
4) Quicker brain and body reactions
5) Elevation of mood for several hours
6) Improved speech function
7) Decrease in Rheumatoid Arthritis pain
8) Improvement in pain for Osteoarthritis
9) Decrease in Fibromyalgia pain
10) May help with neurological conditions including Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s Disease
11) Stimulation of blood supply to internal organs
12) Boost immunity and decrease susceptibility to sickness
13) Development of higher pain tolerance
14) Reduction in other pain symptoms
15) Increased and sustained mental ability
16) Decreased stress, agitation and anxiety
17) Assistance in detoxification and the elimination of waste
18) Hydrates cells and improves skin
19) Increases flexibility of joint range of motion
20) Strengthens and repairs muscles
21) Helps with insomnia and eases the body into a good night’s sleep
If you need help resolving issues that are making your life less than what it should be, therapy through a quality hot tub may be able to help. We would love to walk your journey of wellness with you—helping to make the significant improvements to your body and mind that you have been searching for. Coleman Bright Ideas for Your Home offers a large variety of models of quality hot tubs from Hot Spring Spas, an incredible line of hydrotherapy spas made by Watkins Wellness. Our highly trained staff will help fit you to the spa that meets all of your needs. We cannot wait to see you experience the wellness and abundance of life that you have been longing for.