Saltwater spa systems are nothing new. Hot tub owners have long loved the benefits:
- They’re easier on the skin because you don’t need to add the harsh chemicals that can make your skin dry and itchy.
- They’re easier on you because there is less to maintain and worry about when it comes to your spa water.
Now, with the new FreshWater Salt System by HotSpring Spas, there are even more reasons to want a saltwater system of your own. This new system, in development and testing for more than five years, removes the day-to-day hassle of keeping your spa water clean, clear and sanitized.
FreshWater introduces a new technology to the saltwater market – a patent-pending, in-line, disposable cartridge that’s designed to last four months, depending on use and proper water maintenance. Cartridge replacement is simple:
- Just press the “replace cartridge button on the control panel and follow the directions.
- Remove the housing cap.
- Press the button on top of the cartridge and remove the cartridge from the housing.
- Insert the new cartridge.
- Replace the housing cap.
And the cartridge shouldn’t need to be cleaned. Ever. With proper use, you’ll just replace it ever four months, and that’s it!
Because the FreshWater system is a salt system, you will need to add salt to your spa water when you fill it. (That’s how the cartridge generates the chlorine that keeps your water pure.) You might be surprised to learn how little salt it actually takes – just 5-10 cups, depending on the size of your spa. Thanks to the low salt levels, build up is rare. But if you’re worried about it or notice a slight build up, all you need to do is run a damp cloth around the top edges. An occasional hose-down of the exterior and the decking wouldn’t come amiss, either.
Saltwater spas aren’t maintenance free – you do still need to check your balances, and may need to add a few chemicals on occasion to provide balance. But on the whole, saltwater systems provide clean, sanitized water for a lower cost and less regular effort. Owners of jacuzzis love them, and we think you will, too.