You long for the time of day when you can hit the gym. That time is sacred to you—where all the stress and worries of life melt away in the heat of an amazing workout. You always leave feeling refreshed and renewed, although sometimes you suffer with a little soreness in the days after. Is there a way to ease your sore muscles and get on a quicker road to recovery so you can get back in the gym?
A hot tub is the answer you’ve been waiting for.
Hot tubs offer so many health benefits, including improved conditioning for athletes and those who love to workout. Here are some terrific tips on how to use your spa before and after exercising so that you can have the best workout experience of your life.
Hot Tub Tips for Your Workout
A hot tub is an absolutely incredible addition to any exercise routine. A pre-workout hot tub soak is an excellent choice to help you:
- Focus your mind and get in the workout zone.
- Provide a quick warm-up to resting muscles.
- Limber up your muscles and joints before your workout to provide you with a wider range of motion.
- Loosen muscles while you stretch in warm water—decreasing the risk of injury.
- Increase circulation and oxygen to your muscles during your workout session.
- More quickly get to your target heart rate.
And don’t forget to use the hot tub as a recovery spot after your workout. A post-workout hot tub soak within 24-48 hours can help you:
- Ease sore or aching muscles—making for quicker muscle recovery.
- Reduce muscle and joint stiffness.
- Provide an excellent hydrotherapy circuit-massage to all your muscle groups.
- Look forward to your next workout (and hot tub) session!
- Relax and refocus—elevating your mood for days to come.
Adding the benefits of hot tub hydrotherapy will prepare you for a great workout and set you on the road to rapid recovery after your workout. Bring home a spa from Coleman Backyards today and meet all of your pre- and post-workout needs. Our knowledgeable staff can help fit you to the spa that’s perfect for you. We can’t wait to help you get started on the best workout experience of your life!