Whether you’re an athlete looking to improve your fitness goals or an average Joe longing to add fitness to your life, it may be time to think outside the box … and in your swim spa.
Circuit training has become all the rage in modern fitness, allowing people to work out many different muscle groups. Did you know that the same type of cross training can translate to your swim spa?
Using your swim spa as the base for your daily exercise not only allows you to train harder—it allows you to train smarter. Inside a swim spa, water becomes the great equalizer. The buoyancy of the water reduces impact and damage to your joints. However, don’t think your workouts will be a breeze. Water resistance allows you to burn extra calories so you can achieve an excellent workout. Need even more? Add extra resistance with swim spa jets. At the end of your workout, let your muscles recover faster with a soothing soak in your hydrotherapy seats of your swim spa.
Here’s some excellent ways to mix up your cross training sessions:
1) Treadmill. An add-on feature of some Swim Spas by Endless Pools® includes an incredible underwater treadmill. Reduce the impact to your body by jogging or running in your swim spa.
2) Run in place. If you don’t have a treadmill, run against the current for excellent resistance training.
3) Run in place … backward. Reverse those muscles and run in place backward against the spa current.
4) Stair stepper. Feel the enormous resistance of the water as you alternate going up and down from one leg to the other on your spa steps.
5) Rowing. If your spa has rowing bars and resistance bands, you can use the resistance of both the bands and the water for an amazing upper-body workout.
6) Bicycle. Brace your back against the swim spa and pull your legs up. Move your legs in a circular motion like you are pedaling a bicycle.
7) Ski Slope Slide. With both legs together and knees bent, jump from side to side as if you were skiing down a mountain. Keep it up for at least two minutes.
8) Kick. Practice your swim kicks against the current. Whether a flutter kick or scissor kick, give those leg muscles a workout.
9) Crunches. Brace your back against the wall and hold on tight. Pull your legs in with your feet and knees together and then extend them across the surface of the water. These excellent crunches will shape your muscles.
10) Dumbbells. Work your arms with aquatic dumbbells or resistance bands for amazing chest and shoulder presses.
Are you looking to up your game but need an incredible swim spa for those extra workout sessions? A swim spa from Coleman Backyards is where it’s at! All Coleman Swim Spas by Endless Pools® boast a sleek, stylish design, featuring the industry’s best swim currents packed inside the modern lines of a maintenance-free swim spa cabinet. Increase your enjoyment with options such as an eight-speaker Bluetooth music system and aquatic fitness accessories. With financing available, you can easily make your workouts the very best part of your day.